Strangest/most unique subject combinations

Knight

What are some of the most unique or strange subject combinations you have come across in your school among your other classmates?

One of my best friends in school, takes-

Math HL

Music HL

Philosophy HL

Physics SL

English A Lit SL

Classical Greek SL

He doesn't have any particular college plans and says that he picked subjects which, in his opinion, are "intellectually simulating"   XD

Is there anyone in your school who takes strange subject choices?

Edited by Knight

My friend decided to do all 3 sciences at HL along with HL math. Everyone else was too scared to do that. 

As for me I decided that HL bio was never going to work for me (I should be studying now but that's beside the point) so I decided to take HL art, having never picked up a paintbrush. needless to see it was a lot of catch up, but I've finally found my groove :) 

Well, my friend wants to study medicine and apparently her university requires all three Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry HL and Biology isn't necessary... However, she decided to take up Biology anyways but it turned out she can't due to our schedule issues (Bio is in the same period as Physics). And the best part is that she's not really struggling... I mean, she says it's a lot of work but she truly enjoys it  :eek:

Personally, my subject choice is surprising for many  :shifty:  I chose Chemistry HL along with History HL.... I don't know what's so amusing about that  :huh:  Currently, I have 8 subjects due to the switching and 5 are on HL so I'm the object of fun as well as admiration in my school   8-)

Also, there's a guy in my grade that takes Visual Arts and English HL + Physics and Math HL... I think I'd die but he's very optimistic about it  :o

• Like 1

Personally, my subject choice is surprising for many  :shifty:  I chose Chemistry HL along with History HL.... I don't know what's so amusing about that  :huh:  Currently, I have 8 subjects due to the switching and 5 are on HL so I'm the object of fun as well as admiration in my school   8-)

I am interested of how it is possible to have 8 subjects in the IB? 

In my school you can only have 6 and the highest I ever was 7 subjects. Or are you including TOK too?

I am interested of how it is possible to have 8 subjects in the IB? 

In my school you can only have 6 and the highest I ever was 7 subjects. Or are you including TOK too?

Yeah, it's not possible, I know  :clap:

The problem with my schedule, however, is that I decided to switch from Visual Arts HL to Chemistry HL and my coordinator decided to still keep me on Arts until I'm entirely convinced whether I want Chemistry or not (somehow she thinks I'm not sure... :eek: ). And I decided to take up Danish B to learn it cause I live in Denmark so it'd be useful to know it, but again, my coordinator wanted me to keep my earlier chosen Polish A Lit self-taught in case Danish becomes too difficult.

She doesn't really believe in anyone of us, I guess  :shifty:

But I'm planning on talking to her about it because my schedule is unbearable right now...  :huh:

I'm taking Maths HL, Further Maths HL, Computer Science HL, Physics SL and three Language A courses (Latvian HL, English SL, Russian SL) (also Geography SL). I guess that this is a rather unusual combination, but this is what happens when you're on the "I can't sleep because this maths problem is so beautiful" side, yet you're trying to combine your IB studies with your country's national school curriculum.

To be honest, I understand now that I should've taken French B ab initio when I had the chance instead. I'd also love Classical Greek, but that's not an option at my school.

• Like 2

Alex, does geography have math in it?

As far as I know, it doesn't really — you might be asked to punch a provided formula into a calculator, but that's it.

To be honest, I'm taking Geography as the "least evil" in Group 3, since my school only offers Geography, Economics, and History. History is a huge no-no for me with its overabundance of essays, and I find Economics boring (though AFAIK, it has got a little bit of maths in it, but only on HL).

• Like 1