Political Thought?

DannyRodeck

Hello everyone.

So I am studying on the only school in South America that offers the Political Thought SL subject, and I took it. I have already written one internal assessment but now my teacher wants us to write another one about Marxism related to a contemporary subject and I lack of any inspiration. I wanted to check some Political Thought IAs on the internet but i found none, the material related to this subject is extremely scarce/null. I am wondering how many people take this subject worldwide because I am failing to find anything about the subject and this kind of worries me! Help!

Maybe it's = the pilot 'Global Politics' subject? http://www.ibo.org/diploma/curriculum/group3/GlobalPolitics.cfm 

If so, as a pilot subject it's probably going to be very hard for you to find people who've also taken it in the past because it's still not actually been converted into an official IB subject. There have been a few pilot subjects in the past - Sports & Exercise science for instance - where people have had similar problems trying to find information. It says it started in 2012 so presumably somewhere there are people who sat the exams in 2014. However I've never heard of anybody else on the forum taking that subject, the IB website says it's not going to be offered properly until September 2015. If there's no information out there about it, you'll just have to rely heavily on both your teacher and also on any syllabus material they've given you. It sounds like a bit of a wishy-washy subject so I expect you could probably just make something up for quite a lot of it. I did SL Philosophy and that was also very much a subject where you kind of made up some BS on the spot! Provided you understand the principles of Marxism, you can probably try applying it to almost any political issue either at home or abroad. Marxism is a lot about class divides, so more or less anything with a class element - rich vs poor, educated vs uneducated etc. - is going to be fairly easy to discuss in the context of Marxism. That's what I'd pick anyway. Even if you pick a political issue that's little to do with Marxism you're still onto a winner because you just talk about how Marxism isn't relevant & why. Try and stick in an alternative view/counter argument of some kind and I'm sure that's the kind of thing they're after. The IB usually are.

Also, you need to check your english a bit...

So I am studying on 'in' or 'at' the only school in South America that offers the Political Thought SL subject, and I took it. I have already written one internal assessment but now my teacher wants us to write another one about Marxism related to a contemporary subject and I lack of (any) inspiration.

Just for future reference!