IS THIS A GOOD TOPIC?

Erik404

Hello, I am not 100% sure on my topic yet, but I know that I want to write in CS. I was thinking about writing about quantum computing because I do have a university available to me which has professors that are specialized in this are and they are glad to help me with providing information. The main problem is not formulating the question, but since CS is in group 4 and group 4 EEs require some sort of experiment and something more than just secondary research. I wanted to ask is it going to a problem for me, because I am not going to be doing any testing or experiments?

Edited by Erik404

Having a CS EE that doesn't have an experiment is fine, since it's not strictly an experimental science. While most group 4 subjects do strongly prefer experiments, there isn't a overarching rule nor requirement that all group 4 EE's require it.

You may want to take a look at the official EE guide, Computer Science is on page 54.

• Like 1

Having a CS EE that doesn't have an experiment is fine, since it's not strictly an experimental science. While most group 4 subjects do strongly prefer experiments, there isn't a overarching rule nor requirement that all group 4 EE's require it.

You may want to take a look at the official EE guide, Computer Science is on page 54.

Appreciate that answer, also I was wondering if you think if my selected topic is good? I know 'good' can be arbitrary  :teehee:

Appreciate that answer, also I was wondering if you think if my selected topic is good? I know 'good' can be arbitrary  :teehee:

Since your topic is currently so broad, I can't really say anything until you narrow it down further. Though since I've never written a CS EE, so I'm not sure if I can really judge the topic either way.