Economics Price Discrimination

Ziqing Huang

Hey guys, I have decided to do my EE on Econ, and now I am interested in cinemas' price discrimination. My idea is to investigate the present price discrimination used by the cinema and see how it affects the revenue, then provide some advice to improve the present price discrimination. Can you guys help with my RQ, I really don't know what to write

I would advise you to work out your research question by yourself as posting it online could possibly get you in trouble regarding plagiarism.

As for direct advise on how to form a research question, try to figure out what groups of consumers you wish to investigate and how price discrimination of these groups change the revenue of the cinema firm. I'd assume cinemas have lower prices for different groups such as children, students, adults and the elderly (pensioneers), so try and look into those groups. Try to work out theoretically, or just in your head, how different price segments affect the revenue of cinemas!

I would advise you to work out your research question by yourself as posting it online could possibly get you in trouble regarding plagiarism.

As for direct advise on how to form a research question, try to figure out what groups of consumers you wish to investigate and how price discrimination of these groups change the revenue of the cinema firm. I'd assume cinemas have lower prices for different groups such as children, students, adults and the elderly (pensioneers), so try and look into those groups. Try to work out theoretically, or just in your head, how different price segments affect the revenue of cinemas!

Thank for your advice!! Do you think this is a good topic to choose as my EE?