4 at HL vs 7 at SL

szlekjacob

I would say a 4 at HL is easier than a 7 in SL. Some people might disagree with me, but in my opinion a 7 at anything will require quite a bit of work. I also think that the differences between HL and SL physics aren't too significant, in that there are many harder concepts at HL, but you don't need to know them all very well as in section B of paper 2 you can chose which questions to answer (although I'm not sure that's still the case for you). Also digital technology as an HL addition really makes HL a bit more manageable. Furthermore the difference between HL and SL options is pretty insignificant, I think. 

• Like 1

The effort you would need to put in to get a 7 in SL could probably get you even higher than a 4 at HL. It also depends on what you want to do when you finish school.. If you are not planning on doing maths or science maybe consider doing SL as it is less work so you'll be able to put more time into your other subjects. Anyway, to answer your question, I think a 4 at HL is easier to get.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Grade Boundaries for SL are slightly smaller than the grade boundaries for HL. With this being said, a 7 in SL would be 69-100% (Final including Internal Assesment, P1 and P2) While a 7 in HL would be 70-100% for TZ1, and 72-100% for TZ2 according to the May 2014 Grade Boundaries. However, for HL you do have the additional P3 on one of the options. 

Best Regards