Chem HL lab ideas?

ouribjourney

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for my lab. I'm really not all that creative, so I've been stressing about this. My teacher had given me an idea, but when I tried it, it completely failed, and now I'm extremely discouraged.  :(  :tears:

I really don't know what to do. The lab has to be related to ionic compounds or covalent compounds. It obviously can't be too simple as well.

I had originally wanted to measure the colour of a compound after changing it's concentration, but that was too simple. My teacher gave me the idea to use chlorides from group 2 in the periodic table, measure their pH and then their conductivity, but the reason it didn't work was that the pHs were too close together (and the probe was being moody).

I understand if you're not allowed to give me complete ideas, but anything will help at this point. Maybe something you write will spark an idea.

Excuse me if I'm not using proper chemistry terminology, I don't do the program in English. :erm:

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.