Sign in to follow this  

Geography Extended Essay: Kuznets Curve

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you could possibly comment/remark on my Extended Essay title. As it says in the title of the post, I'm planning on writing an EE on the Environmental Kuznets Curve for Qatar. I have statistical data from the World Data Bank and Qatar's Ministry of Development Planning and Statistics, which I will table, graph and analyze.

The main indicators I plan on using will be 'CO2 emissions per capita', emissions of other harmful gases and 'GDP per capita (current PPP)'. The question is still in the stage of formulation so it isn't very 'pretty' I should add... Anyways, this is what I've come up with so far:

Does air quality in Qatar follow the trends/patterns of the Environmental Kuznets Curve?

OR

How has the increase in 'GDP per capita' of Qatar impacted the air quality in the country?

These questions are clearly lacking the 'Boom Factor', so any improvements or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for reading,

-IB1Kenobi