worried about being dropped from IB?

in my classes, I have two 3s and if you have one by the end of semester they will kick you out of IB in my school. one is in math and I took my second math test today, which I think I messed up on and I did on my first. I studied for this one, so I am worried that with all my studying I still might get kicked out of IB. how do I avoid this?

You need to put more effort in trying to understand the material as that seems to be the issue. If you can't understand the material you learn in your classes, go home and attempt to learn it yourself using your textbooks, youtube videos etc. Better yet, stay after school and meet up with your teachers so they can help you out with whatever is troubling you - I'm sure they are willing to help out whenever possible.

For maths in particular, practice, practice, practice!! Seriously, there is no way you'll be able to improve your grades in maths if you don't constantly/consistently do practice questions. Work your way up, start up with the questions in the textbook and then progress onto doing past paper questions.

P.S: Make sure to review whatever you learn in class, everyday after school and in the weekend. That way you'll learn all the material inside out and won't need to cram for tests etc.

• Like 1

Well, honestly I've never heard of the rule that you have about being thrown out of the school if having two 3s, so I think it's just your schoo. As long as you don't mean HLs because then it makes sense but anyways  :shifty:

If it's maths then maybe you could consider switching to studies or standard, depending which one you're on right now. If it's too late for any changes to your subject choice then perhaps talk to your teacher about your situation, that could solve the problem and make the teacher convinced you actually care about getting your grades back up.

I utterly agree that Mathematics in IB is really hard, I feel like Maths SL should be labelled as higher level since I'm dying at the moment...  :eek: But it's all about regularity in your studying method. Especially if it's maths that you're struggling with. It takes a lot of commitment and there's some material that demands to be revised constantly.

I hope you manage to get better grades and SERIOUSLY the best you could do is to talk to your teacher/coordinator about the matter :blowkiss:  :blowkiss: 

Good luck!!! 

• Like 2