Really worrying about my EE! Im afraid I may fail IB! Please help. I need a Physics EE research question! Suggestions plz!

atothez

Im really worrying about my EE!!!! Im afraid I may fail IB! Please help. I need a Physics EE research question!!! Suggestions plz! If IB survival doesnt permit EE topic suggestions......... it doesnt have to be a title just Ideas would be fine. 

MAybe you should speak to your physics teacher and your IB advisor about this?

However, I suggest you identify the areas of physics that truly fascinate you (since it will be much easier to write about a topic that you feel passionate about), as that will narrow down your options. I also suggest that, at this stage, you avoid carrying out an experimental EE as you probably dont have enough time to collect all the data, but instead you focus on what you could call a "literary" physics EE, in which you research information, draw your own conclusions and you evaluate the sources from which you obtained the information to draw your conclusions.

Hope this, somehow, helps!

Im really worrying about my EE!!!! Im afraid I may fail IB! Please help. I need a Physics EE research question!!! Suggestions plz! If IB survival doesnt permit EE topic suggestions......... it doesnt have to be a title just Ideas would be fine. 

MAybe you should speak to your physics teacher and your IB advisor about this?

However, I suggest you identify the areas of physics that truly fascinate you (since it will be much easier to write about a topic that you feel passionate about), as that will narrow down your options. I also suggest that, at this stage, you avoid carrying out an experimental EE as you probably dont have enough time to collect all the data, but instead you focus on what you could call a "literary" physics EE, in which you research information, draw your own conclusions and you evaluate the sources from which you obtained the information to draw your conclusions.

Hope this, somehow, helps!

I was going to do it the spectrual analysis of a solar cell, where I emit light with different types of wave length onto a solar cell and record the voltage and power output. But I was told it was too broad. Is it?

I was going to do it the spectrual analysis of a solar cell, where I emit light with different types of wave length onto a solar cell and record the voltage and power output. But I was told it was too broad. Is it?

It’s good that you at least have some ideas in mind. Regarding whether it is broad or not, it really depends on what you intend to do with your topic. You need to specify what type of solar cell you want to investigate. You also need to figure out the PURPOSE of your experiment. Spectral analysis is a description of a type of experiment. Now, what are you going to do with your data after you’ve done the experiment? What will the voltage/power input of the solar cell be used for? What is your research question? What is it that you are investigating? What conclusion do you expect to get when you are done? These are the questions that you should be asking yourself.

After knowing what your research question is, then things will get much easier. For example, let’s say that you want to investigate how the temperature affects the efficiency of the solar cell. Then the first thing you want to do is to use all the information that you know to make a theoretical/mathematical model of the solar cell to predict the results of the experiment. This can act as your hypothesis. Then you do your experiment by analyzing voltage/power output of the solar cell as you vary the temperature. After that, analyze your data and compare the experimental results with your mathematical/theoretical predictions, etc.

So really, your big question right now is to continue brainstorming your ideas. Try to first figure out what exactly you want to investigate. Get a purpose! Then post your proposals here, and we’ll see what we can do to help you further. Good luck!

• Like 1

It’s good that you at least have some ideas in mind. Regarding whether it is broad or not, it really depends on what you intend to do with your topic. You need to specify what type of solar cell you want to investigate. You also need to figure out the PURPOSE of your experiment. Spectral analysis is a description of a type of experiment. Now, what are you going to do with your data after you’ve done the experiment? What will the voltage/power input of the solar cell be used for? What is your research question? What is it that you are investigating? What conclusion do you expect to get when you are done? These are the questions that you should be asking yourself.

After knowing what your research question is, then things will get much easier. For example, let’s say that you want to investigate how the temperature affects the efficiency of the solar cell. Then the first thing you want to do is to use all the information that you know to make a theoretical/mathematical model of the solar cell to predict the results of the experiment. This can act as your hypothesis. Then you do your experiment by analyzing voltage/power output of the solar cell as you vary the temperature. After that, analyze your data and compare the experimental results with your mathematical/theoretical predictions, etc.

So really, your big question right now is to continue brainstorming your ideas. Try to first figure out what exactly you want to investigate. Get a purpose! Then post your proposals here, and we’ll see what we can do to help you further. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the cooperation. It means a lot. If you dont mind me asking you a question... How can i change white light (light from the sun) into a different color light? I know can use a colored cellophane but what else can i use?