Extended essay physics question: good or bad?

JYJ

Hello, 

So I'll cut to the chase. 

I'm doing Extended Essay question "What is he best form of origami ship that can float without taking account of water soaking inside?"

Is this a good question? My supervisor just says "Yes, it could work", but never gives me the correct answer. I have 2000 words right now, and have done fair research and experiments. I am just not certain if this is right topic that I can get good mark or not.

Thank you. 

Hi, and welcome to IBSurvival!

In my opinion, this topic seems to be very interesting, and can actually be developed into an excellent EE. This is because your topic can be investigated experimentally. It also has a small scope, making it easier for you to gain marks.

However, the overall grade of the EE is not based only on the choice of the topic; but it’s mostly based on the quality. So good or bad really depends how well you’ve developed the investigation, or how much physics you’ve put into the essay, and a whole bunch of other criteria. Thus, make sure you follow the EE guidelines and the rubric!

Anyways, it seems to me that you have a pretty good idea of what you are doing, especially as you have done the experiment. So I think you have nothing to worry about. Good luck finishing it up J

• Like 1

Hi, and welcome to IBSurvival!

In my opinion, this topic seems to be very interesting, and can actually be developed into an excellent EE. This is because your topic can be investigated experimentally. It also has a small scope, making it easier for you to gain marks.

However, the overall grade of the EE is not based only on the choice of the topic; but it’s mostly based on the quality. So good or bad really depends how well you’ve developed the investigation, or how much physics you’ve put into the essay, and a whole bunch of other criteria. Thus, make sure you follow the EE guidelines and the rubric!

Anyways, it seems to me that you have a pretty good idea of what you are doing, especially as you have done the experiment. So I think you have nothing to worry about. Good luck finishing it up J

I freaking love you!!! XD xD 

Maybe that was a bit overrated, but I was really worried that I might have done everything wrong! That maybe I had to start from beginning!!! 

You made my daY!!!! (well, night, actually :P

Thank you SOOO!! Much for replying. It helped me tremendously! 

Thank you! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I've just strated with the EE, I'm really into physics especially aerodynamics, but there are so many different things to choose from in that topic, I was hoping for some help. My inital idea was to look at how the angle of attack affects different types of wings.

I would really appriciate your help and advice.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by popeye