Does _______ count for CAS? The answer (inside!)...

Wait, you get your own personal CAS coordinator in IB? Excellent, that alleviates some of my pre- pre- IB stresses :)

Usually it's just one CAS coordinator per school, but yes, you will have someone, usually one of you teachers, who will oversee all of the CAS projects, hours, etc. for everyone. If your IB class is large, such as mine was, you may also be assigned another person you'll meet with often to make sure you're making adequate progress.

Edited by Emmi

On 5/14/2015 at 2:22 AM, turtle turtle said:

But considering the IB has to audit your school, isn't it more up to the IB? e.g. isn't the 50 hour thing an IB rule

I think it depends on your school. And I don't think IB requires hours anymore. My school still does (we have to do at least 150 hours total and a minimum of 25 hours in each strand). But IB wants CAS to be a personal learning experience so I know some schools requires students to do a sort of personal project in each of the strands.

Do online courses count? I've been working on a sign language course and I would also like to join a music theory course very soon. :>

If so, do they have to be certified? How would I provide evidence for the course other than my reflection, and maybe, screenshots for the portfolio? 

Edited by Zenyae

1 hour ago, Zenyae said:

Do online courses count? I've been working on a sign language course and I would also like to join a music theory course very soon. :>

If so, do they have to be certified? How would I provide evidence for the course other than my reflection, and maybe, screenshots for the portfolio? 

Is there a "marker" or supervisor mentioned in the course? If so, you could just have them sign your CAS hours. Otherwise, you'd need to get a certificate (that lists the hours preferably) for the course.

• Like 1