Hi! 

I was browsing through the forums and was inspired by @ouribjourney's post of creating a worldwide CAS project. I'm interested in doing something similar where I can make a website to hit the learner outcome of Engaging with issues of global importance to enhance gender equality. 

In the website, I'm aiming to incorporate news articles, statistics & photographs to show gender inequality & suggestions on overcoming it. 

To make it worldwide, I was hoping that people from different parts of the world can share their experiences regarding gender inequality and how they think it can be reduced where they live. 

I live in Tanzania (East Africa) where some girls are subjected to female circumcision and most women do not get the same educational and job opportunities as men do. 

Through the website, I hope we can reduce gender inequality (and you can get CAS hours for Service too!  :clap:

Please comment if you're interested in doing this and we can work on the website together! 

• Like 3

ME! I think the idea is marvelous and taking into consideration the current achievements of Malala and international prestige of Emma Watson's speech, I couldn't think of a better time to take part in the movement!

I'm just a bit apprehensive on how this site could work since I myself have no I.T. knowledge...

I live in Brazil and I'm taking my IB exams in may 2015, so if you're also very willing, I suggest we start working on this project ASAP! ;)

• Like 1

Feminism (the true definition of it), international coalitions, and CAS? I'm totally ready for this and I think it's a fantastic idea!

I'm also not that remarkable with technology, but I'll try to help in any way I could.

Sign me up! :)

• Like 1

Here is Asian.

This perfecly connects with my TOK essay and history topicï¼

I can help with the graphic design and photography if necessary.

But who is going to be the supervisor?

Edited by ninth
  • Like 1

doesn't everybody have a CAS coordinator, maybe each one of us could ask him/her to be our separate supervisor, considering this would be international 

• Like 1

Taiwanese-Canadian here, I'd be glad to help! I consider myself to be only sort of tech-ish (as in with the assistance of Google, I can manage some basic html), so I don't know how much help I'd be with the actual website bit of this, but sign me up! :D

• Like 1

I almost gave up on this idea, but seeing your enthusiasm has like, super motivated me to go ahead with it! :)

I haven't run this idea past my CAS coordinator because we have holidays from school (I know! I'm super lucky!), but I think @MWL's idea of having our coordinators as supervisors is good. 

Also, the Group Chat idea sounds great so we can plan it together. Does everyone feel comfortable having a group chat on facebook? 

I almost gave up on this idea, but seeing your enthusiasm has like, super motivated me to go ahead with it! :)

I haven't run this idea past my CAS coordinator because we have holidays from school (I know! I'm super lucky!), but I think @MWL's idea of having our coordinators as supervisors is good. 

Also, the Group Chat idea sounds great so we can plan it together. Does everyone feel comfortable having a group chat on facebook? 

I don't use facebook and it is blocked in China_(:зã€âˆ )_How about email?

I don't use facebook and it is blocked in China_(:зã€âˆ )_How about email?

I'm fine with doing it over email. I however don't know how to group chat over email. Maybe you could teach me? :)