2nd year of hl math and failing

freshfaced333

so i got my year 1 test back and i failed miserably (below 40%). I really don't know what to do. I studied so hard for this test over the summer and in the first month of school, but I just cannot seem to get my math grades up. I understand the concepts, but whenever we have a test, I clam up and just forget everything. I have tried to get my anxiety under control but I really don't know what to do anymore. dropping is not an option as I need this subject for university entrance. Maybe my studying techniques are wrong? I really don't know what to do... I'm so frustrated because I tried so hard. 

but what do I talk to him about? my grades? He'll just tell me to practice and try harder. I have a tutor I'm working with, but I just don't know why this is not "clicking". I have heard so many stories of people failing, but all of a sudden, something clicked and they go from 2s to 5s. I need this click to happen like now. he is going to predict me a 3 now and I cannot get into university anymore. 

It might help you to know that there are probably a lot of people out their that are in the same boat as you! I'm less than a month away from the final exams and my most recent mock in chem hl was a 4...... :headchop: I guess this is motivation for me to work even more on chem, do more of those past papers and do extra reading apart from my normal textbook. I know that feeling of studying really hard, thinking that you know what you're doing, getting those marks backs and then feeling deflated over them. :(  I think a part of dealing with my low mark is to accept the sad fact that chem is definitely not my forte. Let's not give up!!! I'm sure you'll see some improvement in that grade after more hard work (plus, you still have time, May 2015 under your name?) All the best!