EE Language A1 Lang&Lit , is my r. question narrow enough?

Gohardgopro

So my research question is "How has rap served as a voice for the oppressed and led to emancipation of such?"

Some of my ideas are to narrow it down to a certain time period, for example to 80's - mid 90's

or to narrow it to a certain area, such as north America.

Also wanted to mention that I am Russian and have also got sort of expertise in Russian underground rap. Would narrowing down to North America mean that I can't include Russian rap in my EE?

Можно проÑто привеÑти руÑÑкий реп как пример Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð±Ð¾Ð»ÐµÐµ глубокого Ð¿Ð¾Ð½Ð¸Ð¼Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ Ñ‚ÐµÐ¼Ñ‹ через Ñравнение двух разных культур =\

If you want to indulge yourself (and your readers) you could bring up some things about Russian rap, but it would be totally secondary to the English rap and its ONLY purpose would be to highlight aspects of anglo-saxon culture/rap/ anglo meanings.  

I see no reason why you can't do a comparative analysis, but the Russian stuff should not be the focus of your EE. ...

Clear it first with your supervisor, though. You may stand a better chance for this if you present a good argument and show your supervisor a structure of organisation. He or she will be less likely to immediately dismiss the idea. 

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 1