How do predicted scores work?

oliviabower

I keep hearing a lot about predicted scores and I understand more or less what they are but I have a few questions. First, your teachers decided your predicted scores, right? How do they come up with them? Is it just based on your grade in the class or is there more to it? Would a teacher ever give mock tests to determine your score? If you need predicted scores for college/uni applications, when do teachers give you your predicted scores? Are there predicted score for TOK and EE? Do schools just accept your predicted score as your final score or do they take it with a grain of salt? Sorry for all these questions, I've just never heard anyone at my school talk about them so I really don't know how they work.

Yes, there are predicted scores for TOK and EE. How teachers decide predicted scores can vary a lot between schools, but they can use coursework, trial exams, a mixture of both, to come up with it. The best thing to do would be to ask your teachers how they will be determining your predicted score so that you know what to focus on. 

• Like 1