Predicted grades V.S. official grades

mannyk

Hi guys,

I am a student at a brazilian school and just received a predicted grade of 41/42. However, I am concerned that my official grades will be slightly lower than these. Does this reduce my chances of getting in top U.S universities? Do colleges take a look at the official scores in addition to the predicted ones? 

I am applying to fall 2015.

Thanks!

I think US unis give you you unconditional offers. So it just depends on the grades and extra scores you submit with your application. I had a friend who was predicted 3 more than what she got in the end, but she still went to the university that accepted her. It's in the UK that you must achieve your predicted grade in the end in order to be completely accepted.

So for the US don't worry. Maybe some unis care about what you get in the end as well, but the ones I'm looking at and from what I've heard from friends, they accept you unconditionally based on the grades you submitted in your application :)

Good luck! And well done on your predicted ;)