I fail at relating different Economic concepts. Tips?

Hello IBers!

So our class is almost done with Section 3, and are headed towards the last section of the syllabus. So far, I understand the different concepts, definitions, diagrams and so on. My problem is, however, that when it comes to finding relationship between this and that, I just don't get it. Or, I think I understand it, but when we get past papers, I fail to answer the question(s). I have Economics SL, and I really want a 7. 

Any tips on how I can successfully relate the different concepts in Economics before the May-exams? 

Thanks in advance  ^_^ 

I sometimes find myself so focused on writing the right things or drawing the right diagrams that I forget to use my common sense... Maybe that's not your case, but if it might be then try to look at a question at a bigger picture. Especially for Paper 1 part b questions, I started doing this: I read the questions and then make like a mind map, drawing arrows and writing anything that comes to mind that is related to the question. So instead of saying 'ooh they say 'inflation' so I should talk about macroeconomics and inflation specifically', I try to look at it outside the box. And in the end, it is economics - using common sense helps a lot. Try to focus less on the things you saw in the book and getting them exactly right, and just use your common sense and knowledge to think about it from a more real-life perspective, if that makes sense. If you're already doing that, then well done :P It's just sth that helped me quite a lot when linking many concepts.

I sometimes find myself so focused on writing the right things or drawing the right diagrams that I forget to use my common sense... Maybe that's not your case, but if it might be then try to look at a question at a bigger picture. Especially for Paper 1 part b questions, I started doing this: I read the questions and then make like a mind map, drawing arrows and writing anything that comes to mind that is related to the question. So instead of saying 'ooh they say 'inflation' so I should talk about macroeconomics and inflation specifically', I try to look at it outside the box. And in the end, it is economics - using common sense helps a lot. Try to focus less on the things you saw in the book and getting them exactly right, and just use your common sense and knowledge to think about it from a more real-life perspective, if that makes sense. If you're already doing that, then well done :P It's just sth that helped me quite a lot when linking many concepts.

Thanks for the tips! It's like what you said: I am really focused on being correct with the diagrams, definitions, etc., and when I focus on one topic, I forget the other topics. That's probably why I cannot see any relations between anything. But I have now tried to look at things in a bigger picture.. I guess this require practice :P

Oh wells, hopefully I don't confuse myself too much when the exam are coming closer, haha!