What did you dream last night?

sushichan*-*

This is somewhat long–bear with me.

IB must really be getting to me... I had two dreams–nightmares, actually: My first, from what I remember, was having a 51 in biology and becoming extremely obese, but (somewhat) fortunately I felt I was "fabulous" and obese–like Fat Amy, but Asian. After I'd woken up after that at around 2AM, I went back to sleep and began my second dream (nightmare), which was a lot longer than my first, as it had a two-part kind of story thing to it. In the first part, we had just started our biology final and I had no idea what anything meant. Apparently, we had two days to complete the final: One hour the first day and one hour the second. By the end of the first testing day, I had only managed to finish 5 questions out of 60 or so because I had kept on getting sidetracked. Later on, I found out my friend finished 7 questions, so I was somewhat relieved (though I had no reason to be). At that point, I'd entered a stage somewhere between REM and wakefulness (like, half-awake, but still more asleep), so my brain had managed to convince myself it was reality. So, on the second day of testing, I realized there was also some human geo stuff on the biology final for some reason I chose not to question. I really felt screwed, and I remember not finishing the final. I don't remember exactly how incomplete it was, but I got really depressed. By the time I woke up, it was around 10AM, and I lay there for a good five minutes staring at the ceiling and thinking, 'Holy sh** my dad is going to kill me.' I hadn't realized it was a dream yet, so I started crying. When I did realize it was a dream, I cried even harder in relief. This was all a couple days ago, and it still haunts me...

I am extremely nervous and anxious, maybe a bit scared right now for some reason, and I have no idea why... I get that it's a dream, but I still feel really, really anxious... panicked, even. I tried watching several horror films to find something scarier to block it out, but I don't think anything is more horrific than a failed final...

Holy crap, that was long. I don't blame you if you didn't read any of that.

Edited by kristinamontinola

I dreamed that a bunch of IB students constructed a Zeppelin-like airship and we launched it into space with us inside. It was beautiful, stars everywhere and all. But then we forgot to plug something and the thing almost exploded, but fortunately, someone was quick thinking and sped it up to cause more motion inside the device. Therefore it didn't explode.

I don't understand why I dreamed of that, I don't even understand rocket mechanism nor physics.

I dreamed a dream in time gone by

When hope was high and life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving

Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hopes apart
As they turn your dreams to shame

And still I dreamed he'd come to me
That we would live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed

*cough cough* What? Someone had to do it! :P

It's also true, especially the last verse - haha.

Edited by mac117
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I actually had a nice dream. I was just in the forest running to the top of a mountain where I could see the entire world. It was like a view from space, but I wan't in space. I was holding a pear throughout the whole dream. And I felt excited about something. I'm assuming it was because I was running - which I love doing a lot- but I don't get the pear part.

This is a really late post, but I thought I'd share.

• 1 month later...

I had a dream about my finals.

I woke up in my dream (yeah), realized my finals were on. Everything was just like mocks; just the questions were extremely easy for Economics and atrociously hard for Chemistry and Biology. I was feeling pretty good after my first Economics paper, then I realized I misread the entire evaluation question for Economics paper 1. I was absolutely mortified; my economics teacher told me (don't know why) I'll be getting less than 20% in paper 1 and that I'd probably get a 3 in Economics, while all my friends were happy that the question was so easy and straightforward. My following science exams was equally horrendous as I couldn't answer more than half of the paper in time. Mathematics was even worse: I missed the bus and couldn't make there in time, and my mathematics teacher called me privately and hesitantly told me my IA grades were moderated down so bad I'll get a really bad score. 

Following the exam, I got my final decision from all my universities (..even to ones I didn't apply to, funnily enough) saying I got rejected to all schools except one. Even for that one, I think my offer got withdrawn after I finished my exams as I (apparently) failed my diploma. My friends all were partying on how they got into Ivy Leagues and other equally prestigious schools with decent financial aid, and I was... just there, not knowing what to do. It all felt so real. 

I woke up feeling utterly distraught. I actually thought this is what happened, so I was seriously confused when I checked the date on my phone. 

Took me around thirty minutes to realize this was all a dream.