Sign in to follow this  

Help with Chemistry EE RQ

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could give me advice for my RQ. Currently, I have settled with "A comparative study of 6 different antacid brands based on their acid neutralization capacity and palatability". I am wondering if it is too broad, or too narrow.

Thanks!! :D

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could give me advice for my RQ. Currently, I have settled with "A comparative study of 6 different antacid brands based on their acid neutralization capacity and palatability". I am wondering if it is too broad, or too narrow.

Hiya! What's your question as such? I know you don't have to have a 'question' but you still need to have some sort of link you're trying to establish.

Maybe you can compare them on bases of:

(i) Strength (so how much of the antacid does it take to neutralize a fixed number of moles of acid?)

(ii) Time it takes for the effect to work (rates of reaction basically)

(iii) Lethal dosage? (LD50 could be useful here if you've done/will do Medicine and Drugs option)

(iv) Stuff relating to acids and bases so you could look at their mechanisms, do they create a buffer in the stomach etc.

I wouldn't suggest palatability because it's subjective. The only medicine/medicinal thing which I know to be universally unpalatable is Salicylic Acid :P (used to make aspirin). Apparently they had to make it a salicylate so that you wouldn't throw up on ingesting it. Quite an interesting chemical with a really weird history.

Hope this helped :D

Hiya! What's your question as such? I know you don't have to have a 'question' but you still need to have some sort of link you're trying to establish.

Maybe you can compare them on bases of:

(i) Strength (so how much of the antacid does it take to neutralize a fixed number of moles of acid?)

(ii) Time it takes for the effect to work (rates of reaction basically)

(iii) Lethal dosage? (LD50 could be useful here if you've done/will do Medicine and Drugs option)

(iv) Stuff relating to acids and bases so you could look at their mechanisms, do they create a buffer in the stomach etc.

I wouldn't suggest palatability because it's subjective.

Thanks!!! This helped a lot (Especially since my supervisor doesnt even read the paper :P

I will probably do the duration of the antacids, and LD50 sounds nice, but I havent done it yet!!!

Again, Thank You!!! :)

Cheers