EE topic and subject decision

behaaa

Hey guys, so i am in my first year of IB and have recently been presented with the daunting task of doing an EE. I have read some of the posts on this website about the EE, so i have the basic gist of what needs to be done and how. But at this point i am stuck between picking to do it in Biology or Chemistry. My main interest would be to do something food related, as i am planning to study food science in college and feel that doing an EE on something food related could really help my college application. So my main question here is, what distinctions can be made between the two subjects, which subject would be best for doing food related research in, and how would i go about finding a research topic/question in the field of food. 

Well there's a food chemistry option in Chemistry, how about you read that chapter and see if anything there interests you? The Human biochemistry option (also in chemistry) can be quite helpful too since it has a lot of information about the macro-molecules: Protein, Lipids, Nucleic Acids, and Carbohydrates.

There's also a Human Biochemistry option in biology, so maybe you could read that and see the different methodology it was approached in chemistry and biology and then pick the subject that used the methodology you preferred? Oh, and biology also has a nutrition option if that's an angle you want to look at :)

• Like 1