Will i fail IB if i get a grade of 2 in Math studies First quarter?

Nisemonogatari

That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works!

You haven't failed the IB Diploma because you haven't done your ACTUAL IB exams yet. I'm guessing it's the mocks that you had to do in your school, and these are the ones you failed at. But this does not determine whether you have failed or passed the Diploma, it's just an assessment by the school to test your knowledge of the subject so far. They (the school) might choose to take some serious action but that's according to their own policies.

I would strongly recommend bucking-up and telling your parents everything and moving on from there. And remember, math is all about practice. So PRACTICE, PRACTICE & PRACTICE!

Edited by Excalibre
  • Like 2

That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works!

You haven't failed the IB Diploma because you haven't done your ACTUAL IB exams yet. I'm guessing it's the mocks that you had to do in your school, and these are the ones you failed at. But this does not determine whether you have failed or passed the Diploma, it's just an assessment by the school to test your knowledge of the subject so far. They (the school) might choose to take some serious action but that's according to their own policies.

I would strongly recommend bucking-up and telling your parents everything and moving on from there. And remember, math is all about practice. So PRACTICE, PRACTICE & PRACTICE!

OMG i was really scared. à²¥_ಥ 

Thank you, i still have hope :D

Hi, no you definitely won't fail the IB Diploma just because you have gotten a grade 2 in the first quarter of IB. Keep in mind you aren't even an IB Senior and you have more than enough time to improve your score before you sit the exams. However, as Excalibre said it's a good idea to practice questions. Try to do all the problems from the chapter of your textbook before each test and then check the solutions. If you see your answer is wrong then try to come to conclusion how to get a proper answer. If you have any problems with math feel free to PM me. I'm getting a level 6/7 in Math Studies at the moment. Perhaps you could also talk to your teacher about your problems with mathematics? S/he is there to help you!

Also, what textbook are you using? If you're using the Haese&Harris textbook which is horrible, IMO, then I suggest buying a better one - the one from IBID Press is considered pretty good. Haese&Harris textbook has easier questions then the ones that appear on the actual exams so if you are studying from H&H and your teacher gives you, supposedly, past papers on tests you won't achieve a good grade, no matter how much you study. Choosing a good textbook for independent studying is really important. If that sounds too overwhelming for you - feel free to PM me as well and I will try to help you.

Good luck! :)

Edited by Sceptyczka
  • Like 3