What's happening to my grades?!

J3r1n0

Hi guys I'm a student from Hong Kong. I have completed the MYP with exceptional results and now I realised there is a massive drop in my grades. I understand that there will be a drop of marks in the subjects I am not passionate about, but even subjects I care about are starting to drop. Recently I got a 3 in a subject I'm used to getting 6s and 7s in. What's going on? Am I the only one experiencing this?

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry, you're not the only person who is experiencing this. To a certain extent, I feel like I am going through the same experience you are. In my school, we do not grade "IB style" even though we are in the IBDP. Teachers do not give us a number score like they do in IB. Instead, they give a letter score, like A, B, C, etc. In my first half-semester of senior year, I generally had high A grades, or about a 6 in every subject. However, this half-semester my grades in English HL and History HL have dropped down to low A grades, which is probably about a 5. I'm not exactly sure why, since I really like both of those classes. However, I do know that I have been feeling rather bored in English lately. All we do every day is casually analyze Elizabeth Bishop poetry, and it's starting to drive me crazy!

All I can say is try to get back to the grades you want to have, and don't lose hope!