Economics Study Guide

Hi !

I am doing Economics HL and I am kind of struggling to learn the language of economics and I'm kind of behind. So i decided to buy a study guide or a book that would help me learn this language. 

But i need you help, would you know any good books to help me? or editions? or books that you used to help get through the ib in economics?

Thanks !! :D

Hi !

I am doing Economics HL and I am kind of struggling to learn the language of economics and I'm kind of behind. So i decided to buy a study guide or a book that would help me learn this language. 

But i need you help, would you know any good books to help me? or editions? or books that you used to help get through the ib in economics?

It's okay to be struggling with economic terminology at this point, pretty much everyone in my economics class who is new to economics is too. As you progress through the course everything will make more sense and you'll increase you're vocabulary. Just focus in class and go over the economic terms you're currently learning, your teacher won't expect you to know all the terminology by heart at this point.

The economics study guide (oxford) isn't the best, imo. I use the pearson baccalaureate economics textbook as well as the economics course companion (oxford). Both are amazing. The course companion explains everything in a concise/condensed manner where as the pearson textbook is quite wordy and explain everything in depth. Another great book I'd recommend is the Cambridge economics textbook (by Ellie Tragakes), it's very wordy but is very helpful as everything is explained in detail, plus the practice questions in this book are great.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

It's okay to be struggling with economic terminology at this point, pretty much everyone in my economics class who is new to economics is too. As you progress through the course everything will make more sense and you'll increase you're vocabulary. Just focus in class and go over the economic terms you're currently learning, your teacher won't expect you to know all the terminology by heart at this point.

The economics study guide (oxford) isn't the best, imo. I use the pearson baccalaureate economics textbook as well as the economics course companion (oxford). Both are amazing. The course companion explains everything in a concise/condensed manner where as the pearson textbook is quite wordy and explain everything in depth. Another great book I'd recommend is the Cambridge economics textbook (by Ellie Tragakes), it's very wordy but is very helpful as everything is explained in detail, plus the practice questions in this book are great.

Thank youu !! That just boosted up my confidence :)

Edited by FrenchIB