Is it hard to get into Faculty of Arts for UBC and U of T?

ShootingStar16

I know most of you will probably ask why I'm in full IB if I'm going into arts anyways, but I wanted a challenge and it would keep doors open if I change my mind about things. So far, I have considered 3 universities and one of them I'm using as a last resort. The other two are UBC and U of T. I want to know how hard it is to get into the Arts programs at those schools because those are the ones I really want to go to. Do they look at your extra-curriculars a lot as well as volunteer work? What are the minimum averages for each school? So far, my overall average is around 93 or 94 and I have a couple of classes in the high nineties. Do you think I have a good chance of getting in? Thanks!

I know most of you will probably ask why I'm in full IB if I'm going into arts anyways, but I wanted a challenge and it would keep doors open if I change my mind about things. So far, I have considered 3 universities and one of them I'm using as a last resort. The other two are UBC and U of T. I want to know how hard it is to get into the Arts programs at those schools because those are the ones I really want to go to. Do they look at your extra-curriculars a lot as well as volunteer work? What are the minimum averages for each school? So far, my overall average is around 93 or 94 and I have a couple of classes in the high nineties. Do you think I have a good chance of getting in? Thanks!

http://www.artsci.utoronto.ca/futurestudents/admissions/high-school-students/ib

http://you.ubc.ca/admissions/international-baccalaureate/#gar

Both the links tell you how many IB points you need to get in order to get accepted to whatever course. I'm not too sure about the averages that are required? I'm interested in both UBC and U of T too and I did ask my school counselor about extracurriculars, she said U of T doesn't look at extracurriculars but UBC does.

• Like 2