Sign in to follow this  

What do you think the easiest IB subject is?

I would say English B HL because people who take it have been mostly learning English for more than 5 years (even though IBO suggests that students who choose a Language B should already have some prior experience of the language - not be completely fluent!). Besides, most of the Internet and pop culture is in English so you can learn the language quite naturally, without putting much effort in learning.

Mathematical Studies is also very easy but I still know some people who struggle with it, whereas I have never met a person who would have gotten less than a 5 in English B HL (even though I'm sure there are some).

Edited by Sceptyczka
  • Like 1

Economics HL, without a doubt, followed VERY closely by math studies

Economics?? :eek: Trust me, economics gets harder after the foundation topics of demand/supply/elasticities/scarcity etc (the boundary for a 7 isn't in the mid 70s for no reason :P ). I'd have to agree with everyone else, maths studies is very easy.

Well, it really depends. There's few people in my school that struggle with even Math Studies...

The easiest, according to most universities, are most of the Group 6 subjects, like Film or Visual Arts. These are typically the ones that are easier to get a 7 in.

But personally, I'd also say that all of the languages ab initio are really easy. Obviously, if you're not willing to study at all, it'll be difficult but usually they are the most straightforward. 

Hmm, probably also Studies and ab initio languages. However, it depends highly on the student. Personally, I struggle a lot with all the SL Psychology stuff, because I just don't like it, but HL English Language and Literature is a piece of cake. :D

ESS (environmental system and societies) is easy imo, the concepts are almost like common sense, you just need to memorize terms and such. But ofcourse you still need to study to get a 7, but comparing to other it is easier

English B HL, followed by Math Studies?

I found Bahasa Indonesia A SL and Chemistry SL really hard. That is weird @[email protected]

So, mine is like from the easiest to the hardest would be... English B HL, Math Studies SL, ITGS HL, BM HL, Bahasa Indonesia A SL and Chemistry SL.

I got 4/20 for my first language, what the...

GEOGRAPHY on whichever level. But i also think that it depends a lot on what you like. 

I have friends that they do Math HL, Physics HL and History HL and they love it and consider them to be easy courses, yet id die in my own screams of agony if i were to be in one of those classes.

I think Math Studies or Geography is pretty simple, and it requires a lot of logic so its easy to pass, but if you don't like it then its not the same thing.