What do you think the easiest IB subject is?

mr_awesome

I would say English B HL because people who take it have been mostly learning English for more than 5 years (even though IBO suggests that students who choose a Language B should already have some prior experience of the language - not be completely fluent!). Besides, most of the Internet and pop culture is in English so you can learn the language quite naturally, without putting much effort in learning.

Mathematical Studies is also very easy but I still know some people who struggle with it, whereas I have never met a person who would have gotten less than a 5 in English B HL (even though I'm sure there are some).

Edited by Sceptyczka
  • Like 1

Economics HL, without a doubt, followed VERY closely by math studies

Economics?? :eek: Trust me, economics gets harder after the foundation topics of demand/supply/elasticities/scarcity etc (the boundary for a 7 isn't in the mid 70s for no reason :P ). I'd have to agree with everyone else, maths studies is very easy.

Well, it really depends. There's few people in my school that struggle with even Math Studies...

The easiest, according to most universities, are most of the Group 6 subjects, like Film or Visual Arts. These are typically the ones that are easier to get a 7 in.

But personally, I'd also say that all of the languages ab initio are really easy. Obviously, if you're not willing to study at all, it'll be difficult but usually they are the most straightforward. 

• 2 weeks later...

GEOGRAPHY on whichever level. But i also think that it depends a lot on what you like. 

I have friends that they do Math HL, Physics HL and History HL and they love it and consider them to be easy courses, yet id die in my own screams of agony if i were to be in one of those classes.

I think Math Studies or Geography is pretty simple, and it requires a lot of logic so its easy to pass, but if you don't like it then its not the same thing.