Chemistry or Physics?

FChaosi_

Hiya.

I'm starting the IB next year and I cannot decide what my Group 6 subject shall be. My current preferences are English A1 Literature, Japanese B, Economics, Biology and Maths SL. I want to do a second science for my final subject but I can't choose between Chemistry and Physics. I am finding Year 10 Pre-IB Chemistry (we use IB textbooks and IB syllabus) quite easy but not very fun. I haven't taken Year 10 Physics this year but from what I've seen, it looks a lot more fun. Does anyone have any advice as to which one I should pick? Thanks.

Edited by FChaosi_

I'd go for Chemistry but it depends on where you want to study. Assuming you want to take medicine, U.K universities perfer Chemistry over Physics, but some U.S universities perfer Physics over Chemistry. In the end, it all depends on where you want to study and what course you want to pursue at university. 

Since you are going to take biology, then I think you have 3 different Choices:

1. If you want to pursue medicine in university: take chemistry!

2. If you want to pursue bio-physics in university: take physics!

3. If you want to pursue neither medicine nor bio-physics: then you should take physics because it's so much more fun than chemistry :P (in my opinion, of course)

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys!
I'll choose Chemistry as the medical field appeals to me a lot.  :P 
I probably should have mentioned I am in Australia; there are very few prerequisites here. For example, most science courses only require you to have studied one of either Mathematics SL/Chemistry/Biology.