Asking a girl to prom

King112

Well, I did what you told me to. In TOK i asked her if she had finished her History hw. Then , we got into a conversation and walked all the way to the canteen. along the way, I asked her if she liked TOK, and she said no. we then laughed together, because neither of us likes TOK, and our teacher isnt the best. Once we got to the canteen, i said bye, and she smiled and said bye. And when we like spoke about this video our teacher showed us, I was like it was so racist, she looked at me laughed and agreed.

Was this good, bad or ugly?

it's definitely a good sign! I feel like you have a good chance with her, but yeah don't rush into things and come on too strong because if you do that, you might scare her away. Some advice: if your friends know about her and they try to pressure you into telling her and you don't want to, don't listen to them. 

by the way, can anyone please tell me what 'coming on too strong' means?

thanks

As an example:

"Hey I've just met you, but I think I love you and let's go out on a date."

"No thanks, I'm not interested."

Instead of moving on you send her a bunch of text messages/call her repeated each day asking if she's changed her mind.

• Like 2

Ok, I think I've done a pretty good job today. So i am writing this story, which is a mish mash of various things. In one part, the hero's girlfriend (who I have based on my crush) comes in. And one chapter is pretty romantic. So, i asked her if she would go through it for me and she agreed. I guess thats a good thing. I'm planning on not mentioning it for another couple of days and if she doesn't get back to me in about a week, I'll ask her.
Was it a good idea to ask her to read my story? and the rest of my plan sounds ok?

PS: Thanks for the clarification Emmi

I don't think she'd figure it out right away unless you made things really obvious in your story. See how it goes from there. From what I'm seeing, you're off to a good start with her because you guys seem to be good friends. I'm sure she'll listen to what you have to say about this when you discuss the story with her. Just don't take things too far in the story or that will creep her out. What exactly did you talk about in that one chapter? 

Essentially the chapter is like he meets his ex after 3 years, and a guy steals her bag and he tries to get it back and is injured. He meets her in the hospital, and when he is discharged, he calls her to his house for dinner. Before it begins, they talk and he asks her out, and she snogs him. HEnce they get back together. Thats all. nothing innapropriate

I don't think I'd figure out your intentions, to be perfectly honest. 

Well, i wasn't hoping that she would figure out i have a crush on her. I just wanted her to think that "ohh this guy is pretty nice". Also, I have a habit of holding doors open for ladies etc. Does being a gent help?

Well, i wasn't hoping that she would figure out i have a crush on her. I just wanted her to think that "ohh this guy is pretty nice". Also, I have a habit of holding doors open for ladies etc. Does being a gent help?

yes, absolutely. (I think I speak for most girls here) Girls do love it when you have good manners and are compassionate.

Well eitherway you sound like a really nice guy, so just go for it. Talk to her and then decide if you want to get friend-zoned or not. Be a good friend to her, and be really considerate to her.

Oh and may I suggest try talking to her on facebook (under the pretense of asking a TOK question or whatever) and see where you go from there? It's a good way to get to know someone, the only problem with this method is that you may get seriously friendzoned, but regardless, you will still have made a good friend.

source: real life experience

• Like 2

yes, absolutely. (I think I speak for most girls here) Girls do love it when you have good manners and are compassionate.

Well eitherway you sound like a really nice guy, so just go for it. Talk to her and then decide if you want to get friend-zoned or not. Be a good friend to her, and be really considerate to her.

Oh and may I suggest try talking to her on facebook (under the pretense of asking a TOK question or whatever) and see where you go from there? It's a good way to get to know someone, the only problem with this method is that you may get seriously friendzoned, but regardless, you will still have made a good friend.

source: real life experience

I dont really want to be friend zone, I want to be her boyfriend. I spoke to her a bit today, but I guess she wasnt in the best mood, coz she quickly went away to her friends. I dont think she is pissed with me, because when we spoke, she was her normal self. But i dont know. But I'll stick with Im doing, guess its working. And will use your idea

But I seem to be right track? And do you guys think she is pissed with me? I really dont know, I have a tendency to panic. I was thinking,if she doesn't get back to me about my story, I'll ask her about it in a week, and maybe, if she likes it and seems to want to know more, I'll ask her if she will have lunch with me in school, so i can tell her the plot and my other ideas etc..... Good idea? Edited by Gaby
Do not double post, edit your first pst instead
  • Like 1

But I seem to be right track? And do you guys think she is pissed with me? I really dont know, I have a tendency to panic. I was thinking,if she doesn't get back to me about my story, I'll ask her about it in a week, and maybe, if she likes it and seems to want to know more, I'll ask her if she will have lunch with me in school, so i can tell her the plot and my other ideas etc..... Good idea?

Don't worry too much about it; and as for the story, I think it might be a good idea to casually ask her in a shorter time frame so she doesn't forget about it (or think that you are not serious about it).

And definitely; maybe ask her to edit/write a bit for it? Just an idea

Good luck bro,

There's too much parallel between your life and mine

Talking on fb is a great way to get to know her better. This way you wont be nervous about talking to her. Start by talking about school stuff but do try and get to know her a bit better, like what sorts of things she likes - music/tv shows etc etc.

You will then get to know her better over time, don't expect the first facebook conversation to turn into a convo about non-school work. 

Later on, a great way to ask her to prom, probably cliche though, is to start by asking whether she is going to prom or not and if she has a date or not already.... you don't really want to be asking her to prom when she already has a date. You could then ask her, even on facebook (though asking in person is definitely better) and add something about her being one of your closer girl - friends at the school or something. 

Unless she already has a date or has another guy in mind to go to prom with, I can't see why she would say no. 

Also, your parents are against dating you said. So are my parents. Are they going to be chill with you taking a girl to prom? I know my parents would have not understood the concept of taking someone as a 'date' (regardless of whether you are actually dating or not) and would have flipped if I went with someone. 

I am also asian btw. 

Nonetheless, you don't want to wait weeks before asking her, in the case that she does get asked out before you ask her. Also, although you want to be her boyfriend...perhaps it's safer to ask her to prom first, let prom happen and if it goes well and she still seems to like you, then ask her out (assuming you still like her then). 

Well, my parents are ok with prom. I honestly havent spoken to her on fb because I thought I would seem to desperate or weird. 

PS: In addition to my previous post about what happened after TOK, I think she might know I fancy her because I could kind of hear what she mentioned to her friends. I cant recall the words exactly, but it seemed to be along the lines of me liking her. Maybe I heard wrong, but thats what I thought I heard. Anyways, is there anyway I can figure out she is annoyed with me? And is there a way that I can figure out what my chances with her are? I seriously lack confidence after TOK, though I dont know why.