Asking a girl to prom

King112

Alright. And I was thinking, I will ask her about the story day after, so that I dont seem weird if I ask tomorrow and i still get to show I am serious about wanting her opinion. I dont think we have mutual friends, though I will ask around and see if that is the case. Does that seem to be a good plan? And any ideas how to recover my confidence? I totally lost after TOK, but I dont know why

Is she the only girl you talk to at all? Maybe try and make friends with other girls as well, maybe even those that are her friends, but always give her more importance? Will that help you in the whole talking to girls thing and maybe you'll find that you can talk to her outside class more often is you can talk to more of her friends as well?

Just a thought, not sure if it will work. 

No, she is not the only girl. i talk to other girls, except she is the nicest and I can be most free around her, so I talk to her the most. SO I dont think that is an issue. and I talk to a lot of girls outside school. I dont want to talk to her about her friends because I think that will make her think I'm into her friends, not her.

Hi

I too used to be a shy guy in my earlier classes. But in the last few months I have started talking to girls.I would say the best way to attract a girl is to achieve something big in school. I am famous in my school because I am a soccer player and scored a goal from half line. So think about what your good at and try to achieve something. Hope I have been a help to you.

BEST OF LUCK :win:

Regards

Rishi

I will ask her in person. But I am not sure how. Sine we aren't that good friends, I cant just walk up to her and ask her to the prom can I? I guess I can just go up to her and say, hey, wanna go to the prom with me, but I doubt that it will work. any ideas how to ask her?

Edit: I really need help. Ive hit a mind freeze and I cant think of what to do. so ANY suggestions will be useful

Edited by King112

****, I lost my balls! I asked her about my story, she said she's been really busy but she hasn't forgotten and she will let me know as soon as she gets some time. I just couldnt ask her, and I guess thats partially because there were quite a few people around us. I am so hating myself. And I am so afraid of rejection. Ill try again tomorrow, hopefully i can muster the courage

I think that it is a good idea. I just dont want to freak her out or something. Any suggestions on how I should ask her without seeming creepy or like a stalker?

As long as you don't try to use weird pick up lines on her then you should be fine. I doubt she'll think you're creepy.. You're not scared of telling her. You're just scared of rejection, but have some hope! You have a 50/50 chance. Don't raise your hopes too high but think about this: maybe she wants to ask you too but is too scared to. You never know the situation.. You never know what she's thinking. The only way you can figure it out is to ask her as soon as possible. Try not to delay any further. From what I'm seeing, it's getting harder isn't it? Don't make it worse by delaying any further. Yes there's that chance that she'll say no, but there's also that possibility that she likes you back! Think about it.... 

Another reason why you should do it as soon as possible: some other guy may try to ask her.

Edited by ShootingStar16

Has anyone asked another person to prom? I spoke to a mutual friend and he said wait a bit, let the other guys start asking first. He said if I am the first one asking as a new guy, it'll look weird. So I am going to wait for a bit. Anyone has any ideas about what I should do to build my rep with her? I am working out now, and my muscles have gotten a bit bigger, but seeing as she is really nice, and somehow I doubt she will be only into me for my muscles, I need advice. 

Thanks

I asked the girl I wanted to ask a few weeks ago, but my 'prom' is in two weeks. I'm not sure when yours is, but you're right, you shouldn't be the first to ask someone, but definitely don't put it off or someone else will ask her.

As for increasing your 'rep' with her, you should get to a point where you won't feel awkward hanging out with her. You'll be spending a bit of time together at the prom, and when you ask her she should be thinking that it'll be a fun time together. The worst thing will be if she says yes, but then you have a terribly awkward time together - worse than if she said no.

The best advice I've seen here so far is to remember that she is a human, not some fairy tale princess or alien species. Girls and guys aren't so different, man. Just befriend her like you would any other guy or girl and she won't feel creeped out or weird or anything else you're scared of.

• Like 1

Beards look fine on some people and not so much on others... 

I know that initially when dad shaved his mustache he looked weird as and took us a while to get used to his new look. But now, if he was ever to grow it back once again we will find it super weird and probably say he looks bad/weird, when in reality it's just a matter of us being habituated to seeing him a certain way. 

So you will have to judge that yourself, as we don't know what you look like with and without a beard.