Sign in to follow this  

How to study for economics

I have my exams in May 2015 and I am sad to say that I have yet to find an effective way to study for economics. Fortunately I have a good understanding of it and I find the subject pretty easy to understand. Also, I am predicted a 7 in the subject, so it is not as if I am struggling.

However, i am really interested in the subject, and I really want to do the best that I can do. Therefore I'm looking for suggestions as to how I could effectively study for the first and second paper. I don't feel like I learn a lot from just reading the book or even my teachers powerpoints, as I just zone out after about 10 seconds. 

So what should I do? Rewrite the notes? Make flashcards? Make mindmaps? What has worked for you guys?

Guest Sonia

I take very good notes! I have an Econ Study Guide as well which has so much more info than just the power points and book. I have made quiz lets for definitions and things, but tbh I find Econ pretty easy so it's not like I can't remember things. I kinda have the same problem as you: I get everything in class, it is very straight-forward and so I am searching for more info. I came across a great website once:
http://education-portal.com/academy/course/ap-macroeconomics.html

It has some notes etc and some pretty good videos (I watched one on Monetary policy and it was very fun and clear)

But I guess if you're good at Econ and you got a 7 last year anyway, don't worry too much... The way I see it you know all there is to be known :P

Guest moonkyu97

I usually rewrite my notes for each syllabus. Helped me remember things that I learnt way back in Micro. God, I hated elasticity so much.