To what extent Extended Essay is important in US college admission?

johnwonka

Do US schools consider EE grade as an important aspect of admission process or do they consider it as something minimal as CAS and TOK?

Honestly, I chose a wrong topic and am on the verge of getting D on the expected score. Since the EE expected score will be on my transcript, I am very worried about this.

Would getting a score of D be fine with getting into schools like Carnegie Mellon, Purdue, and UCs or do they expect much higher grades from the applicants?

Thanks!

Its never good to score low on assessments or exams that will be listed on your report and could possibly be used for your CV or university application. However I would say that the universities would never reject a student which suits their programme and school because he had a bad grade in his EE. Therefore its more like the CAS and TOK Its an opportunity to demonstrate a certain area of interest however they will most likely not reject your application because you did not do as well as other on these things. 

Hope that helped