Physics EE Help

Delnatour

Hey guys,

So I am in my first year of IB and just began thinking about my EE topic and believe I want it to be about physics.

The main aspect or idea I'm revolving around has to do with water rockets.

I am thinking about: "What is the optimum amount of initial water that should be added to a water rocket in order to reach its maximum height" 

I would use different ratios of water to the space left over in the water rocket and I would use video analysis and loggerpro to analyze velocity and acceleration as well as maybe through that video I would find its maximum height or I can add a spool of thread right under the rocket and attach the string to the rocket so when it flies up into the air it would pull the thread along with it and then I would be able to measure the long piece of thread with measuring tape. 

I don't know whether I am focusing in too much and might be missing a lot of words. I could later on bring in alot of equations that involve thrust, pressure, and velocity in order to find calculated maximum altitude and find percent error between my measured and calculated and see where it goes from there. I don't know I don't really want to limit myself, I want to give myself plenty to talk about so I am not worried about making it close to 4k words but at the same time I don't wanna go so in depth into aerodynamics.

Any thoughts?

Thanks