Yes or No to a girl

Anachi75

I'm in my second year of IB, and I've been with my boyfriends since the second semeter of IB1. He is older than me, so he is at his second year at uni.

I can honestly that it has been difficult when it comes to time management for me and my boyfriend. I, for instance, have to do lots of school work, and my parents are very strict about putting school as first prioritise. They were originally against relationships, but I guess I've proved them that I can manage, haha! Anyway, I want to and have to get good grades, and have my opportunities for the future open. IB is putting me through hard times, and it definitely stresses me a lot! So, this means that I've need to put lots of effort in doing my best while taking the IB. At the same time, I want to spend my time with him, because... well, he's lovely and fun, and all that! But anyway, we have decided to focus on our school, and when we have some free time, we'll hang. Besides, weekends are mostly when both of us are free from school work, and such! For us, it is manageable, and he is a great supporter too :)

I guess what I'm trying to say that relationship during the IB is totally manageable, as long as you two commit some time to each other, and also that both you and her understands that sometimes school is more important. I would also like to mention that if she is in the IBDP, you could study together. That is a great way of spending time together as well as getting homework done! :)

(Hope this was helpful though, and sorry for any grammar mistakes)

• Like 1

I guess "quality time" applies to high school relationships -- not just to kids and their parents anymore :)

You'll just need to "time-manage".."schedule time"  ... "make an appointment"...

(sigh)

The commercialization of our lives... it's invaded our most intimate vocabulary ;)  Try not to let it distract you though. It is possible to share your life with someone else AND live thru IB. Just :)

• Like 1

I think that if you truly like her you should go for it. She will be there for you through your hardest times in IB, and she will probably help you be motivated through IB. And again as they have already said, if you are commited to your studies and get good grades, I think you will manage just fine!!

Good luck

Hi

I too used to be a shy guy in my earlier classes. But in the last few months I have started talking to girls.I would say the best way to attract a girl is to achieve something big in school. I am famous in my school because I am a soccer player and scored a goal from half line. So think about what your good at and try to achieve something. Hope I have been a help to you. It is your call but I would go for 'yes'

BEST OF LUCK :win:

Regards

Rishi

hi guys

i am seriously intrested in agirl buti feel i should focus on my studies so what u peple think should i get into a relationship or not doing my ib dp

Go for it. You don't have to be singularly focused on the IBDP to do well in it. What it requires is smart and targeted effort, not just brute dedication of the whole day. 

Late teens (in my opinion) are the age where you get to do stupid stuff and get away with it to a certain extent. Lots of stupid things people do often tend to involve relationships, so going out with a girl at this age is quite useful to figure this stuff out before you're an adult!

• Like 1