Cup

Hi,

I want to do Internal assessment in math SL about complex numbers and their application in electrical engineering. Can someone please help me form the title for my IA because I am afraid that title 'Complex numbers and their application in electrical engineering' is to wide to explore?

Hi,

I want to do Internal assessment in math SL about complex numbers and their application in electrical engineering. Can someone please help me form the title for my IA because I am afraid that title 'Complex numbers and their application in electrical engineering' is to wide to explore?

First and foremost, i would like you to reconsider your choice of topic. I'm not an expert in electrical engineering myself, but after looking through google, I realize that this is a really really hard topic. This is not only because complex numbers are not even within SL syllabus, but also because you gotta know a lot about circuitry (like how you can model circuits using differential equations, or how you an break down the solutions of ODE to get normal algebraic equations that you can work with). So I would advise you to not do this. Otherwise, you would have to work 100 times harder than a normal student.

Now your topic is certainly wide, simply because it's very unspecific and vague. I mean it is like saying "Numbers and their applications in mathematics". In other words, you gotta specify what part of electrical engineering you're talking about (e.g. circuitry analysis?) and what applications you are thinking of writing. I think your description is vague simply because you haven't completely understood your topic yet. Thus I suggest you to research a little bit first before you decide whether you should do it or not.

Hi,

First and foremost, i would like you to reconsider your choice of topic. I'm not an expert in electrical engineering myself, but after looking through google, I realize that this is a really really hard topic. This is not only because complex numbers are not even within SL syllabus, but also because you gotta know a lot about circuitry (like how you can model circuits using differential equations, or how you an break down the solutions of ODE to get normal algebraic equations that you can work with). So I would advise you to not do this. Otherwise, you would have to work 100 times harder than a normal student.

Now your topic is certainly wide, simply because it's very unspecific and vague. I mean it is like saying "Numbers and their applications in mathematics". In other words, you gotta specify what part of electrical engineering you're talking about (e.g. circuitry analysis?) and what applications you are thinking of writing. I think your description is vague simply because you haven't completely understood your topic yet. Thus I suggest you to research a little bit first before you decide whether you should do it or not.

I am not allowed to change topic since my deadline is at Friday :) Thank you very much, now I have better idea of what should I do