Sign in to follow this  

Paper 1 test

Hi guys,

Tomorrow is my first Paper 1 test on a subtopic from "Peacemaking, peacekeeping—international relations 1918–36," and I just had a few questions-

The test will be on the first 31 pages of my textbook; is it necessary to really study (memorize) all of this, because as far as I know only question 4 (out of 4) on Paper 1 requires your own knowledge. Questions 1 and 2 are directly from the sources, and 3 is OPVL, so that might be sources and your own knowledge (little of both), but 4 is really the only one where your own knowledge is required. So should I study a lot from the 32 pages or just leave it, as question 4 is the only one that really requires all the extra knowledge (as everything else will mostly be directly from the sources)?

Hi guys,

Tomorrow is my first Paper 1 test on a subtopic from "Peacemaking, peacekeeping—international relations 1918–36," and I just had a few questions-

The test will be on the first 31 pages of my textbook; is it necessary to really study (memorize) all of this, because as far as I know only question 4 (out of 4) on Paper 1 requires your own knowledge. Questions 1 and 2 are directly from the sources, and 3 is OPVL, so that might be sources and your own knowledge (little of both), but 4 is really the only one where your own knowledge is required. So should I study a lot from the 32 pages or just leave it, as question 4 is the only one that really requires all the extra knowledge (as everything else will mostly be directly from the sources)?

Technically you are right about the structure of paper 1. Questions 1-3 are purely from the sources. So you don't have to be worried, because most of the stuff here are just common sense and total bull****. However, you have to remember that question 4 has the most points. In fact, you can't get a 6 or a 7 without at least do something for question 4. So yes.... studying those 32 pages is important. Besides, the more you study, the more well-prepared you are for the final exam. I mean some extra study can't hurt, can it? :)

Good luck with your paper! :)

• Like 1