Politics EE on Communism/Marxism

letmeaskmymum

Hi, I am thinking of doing my EE on something around the topic of communism. Preferably, I would be analysing ideology under the EE Politics subject guide, but I don't take Politics as a subject (I do take history though).

For my topic, I was thinking something like 'Is communism a relevant ideology in the 21st century' or something along those lines... I'm thinking it might be a bit too general. Additionally, the Politics subject guide it doesn't say much about EE's dealing with theoretical issues rather than around the issues surrounding an event. 

I'm just looking for a bit of guidance in relation to my topic (Is it too broad? If so, what are some suggestions to narrow it), The subject choice (Is it a really bad idea to do politics in the first place?), and just a bit more information on what would be the included in the content (Would it largely be scholar debate driven?)

Thanks!

Does your school offer IB politics? Maybe you could adjust your subject to History and I think it would be much easier for you if you take the course. If your school doesnt have anyone who teaches politics then I strongly recommend you to write a History EE and communism and its ideology can still be easily related. I think that the topic you considered is very broad. Maybe you could focus on a specific communist dictator or the impact of the communist ideology in a certain country etc. 

We have a history teacher here who is apparently an expert in politics. The only thing with changing it to a history EE is that I won't be able to do the sort of analysis I want to do (Something to do with the relevance of marxism today). 

Maybe if I look at its relevance to a particular section of politics like policy creation or international relations or something .. ..