How demanding is HL Mathematics?

Emilia1320

Why haven't you considered doing an irregular diploma without a group 3 subject? I mean, if your first two career choices are engineering and medicine, i doubt there are any group 3 subjects that would complement these career choices with the exception of perhaps ITGS for the former and psych for the latter. As for Math HL, doing it in the school with my classmates is hard for me as it is. But don't take my example. If you are really geared up for Math HL, it should be easy for you even if it is not in your school. Hope I helped :)

What irregular diploma? Does that mean I could get rid of economics there hanging? Really ? I should ask my teacher about this, I haven't heard of this opportunity

Yes, you can take Bio, Chem and Physics at HL and drop Econ all together. It's rather strange that your coordinator hasn't informed you of this. Talk to your coordinator about this. IBO needs to be informed if you are going to do an irregular diploma. :)

Oh that's great! It means I can study all sciences which are needs for my two primary career choices, engineering and medicine, and even maybe HL mathematics without unmanageable workload :) my coordinator seemed surprisingly understanding when I spoke about online course for HL math :) and I think if I work during summers and pre-year I can afford it even :)))