UCAS Personal Statement tips?

Baller97

1. Try to show off without sounding arrogant/pompous

2. Try to show genuine interest in your field of study(this is difficult and I can't explain it very well)

3. Tailor your PS to your goal university. EG: If your goal uni is very academic show how academically inclined you are towards studying your chosen course and show what you have done in school related to your chosen subject

4. Get as much feedback and criticism you possibly can. Getting your ego bruised because someone criticised your PS is much better than submitting a bad PS.

5. Quality not quantity. Its only 4000 characters, about 350 words(?), so pick and choose what to write so don't just list what you did.

6. Write stuff that is relevant to your chosen course. Never go off on a tangent.

7. Look up bad PS and see what they do wrong

8. Make your intro sound interesting(difficult)

9. Get to the point quick. Concise and precise.

10. End with a positive note.

I have my personal statement uploaded to this site. Try to get hold of it.

1. Try to show off without sounding arrogant/pompous

2. Try to show genuine interest in your field of study(this is difficult and I can't explain it very well)

3. Tailor your PS to your goal university. EG: If your goal uni is very academic show how academically inclined you are towards studying your chosen course and show what you have done in school related to your chosen subject

4. Get as much feedback and criticism you possibly can. Getting your ego bruised because someone criticised your PS is much better than submitting a bad PS.

5. Quality not quantity. Its only 4000 characters, about 350 words(?), so pick and choose what to write so don't just list what you did.

6. Write stuff that is relevant to your chosen course. Never go off on a tangent.

7. Look up bad PS and see what they do wrong

8. Make your intro sound interesting(difficult)

9. Get to the point quick. Concise and precise.

10. End with a positive note.

I have my personal statement uploaded to this site. Try to get hold of it.

alright thanks man!

The way you show genuine enjoyment of the subject is to show that you're engaged with the subject. This can be through reading books or going to taster lectures. Things like that show that you've taken the time to read about the subject. 

To think about it a different way, if you talk to someone about their hobby and they just tell you they like it, it doesn't really explain much. However, if you hear them talking about what they last did or learned about and they seem to light up while talking about it, you'll get the impression that they really enjoy what they're doing and want to let you know. 

Now do that in your writing without using exclamation marks. 

The way you show genuine enjoyment of the subject is to show that you're engaged with the subject. This can be through reading books or going to taster lectures. Things like that show that you've taken the time to read about the subject. 

To think about it a different way, if you talk to someone about their hobby and they just tell you they like it, it doesn't really explain much. However, if you hear them talking about what they last did or learned about and they seem to light up while talking about it, you'll get the impression that they really enjoy what they're doing and want to let you know. 

Now do that in your writing without using exclamation marks. 

thanks!