Sign in to follow this  

Help Needed on English EE Format

So I'm doing my EE on One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (one of my all time favorites), and I have a couple of potential topics, but I'm letting my research decide exactly which one to pick. I'm just a little confused on how to actually write this.

I've heard that you make your claim, then use examples from the book to support this claim. I get that much. But I've read some EEs that explain the book more in depth, some that explain the topic (i.e symbolism) more in depth, and some that do it equally, yet they all score pretty high.

Does anybody have a good sense of the format of the EE?

Well, it depends a lot on which topic you take and what is your approach to it. Mine is on themes of passion, grief and love in A Farewell to Arms and Wuthering Heights, and the literary techniques used to emphasize them, so I spent most of the words just analyzing narration, structure of the books and symbolism. :)

Your teacher will tell you the formal structure for the EE, along the lines set out by the IBO. You'll have a good idea how to approach your topic if you understand what is expected in each parameter/division of the EE. And if you understand the concept of "argument" then you'll know exactly how and what to write.

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 1