Awkwardness help needed...

Mellow_Jell-O

Now Im not a shy person. Im very open to a lot of people and with my friends i can say anything to them. But i don't know why but these past few years im just really... meh. Ja feel? Im still open with my friends but now with other people im just really awkward. In class presentations my voice slightly shakes and my hand twitches and my throat gets parched a lot and I DON'T KNOW WHY!! Really this is out of the ordinary for me. I can't seem to find the right words when talking to people, especially them lady folks. I'm no player but usually i can talk to a girl perfectly normally but nowadays my brain just keeps on falling apart when talking to them. Please help!! My classmates are noticing and this is not the kind of reputation i want for myself!

Hey! I cant claim to be an expert with the ladies. Actually its the opposite. I can talk to them (kinda meh, but anyways) but cant flirt, so i cant help there. But about presentations, I personally think the best way to combat a shaky voice is to practice. Talk to yourself, or family or whatever. and make sure you know your topic well, it really helps. And about twitches, just focus and keep your hands and legs under control, it reduces by itself.

Hope I helped

Hey, as far as talking to girls goes I think you should first talk more to the ones you are relaxed around because we can feel if a guy talking to us is nervous and it kinda gives you mixed feelings (it can be flattering, strange, sometimes even uncomfortable) but we don't really know how to react so it's not exactly a way to a good conversation. Do you have problems with all the girls, the pretty/popular ones, or just your crush? Because if it's just your crush I think it is sort of normal and common..just so you won't be too harsh on yourself :)

And for the presentations I agree with King112 because practice and knowing exactly what you want to talk about is key. :D

You have probably come to become very self-aware/conscious of what you are doing. It's not a bad thing, sometimes it can be a good thing. Just tell yourself not to sweat on the small stuff and don't work too hard on giving other people good impressions - although i'm not telling you to ignore people or be rude. I might have misunderstood your situation, but I'm sure you will overcome this very soon and everything is going to be alright :)

• 4 weeks later...

HORMONES. You probably just like, I dunno how to say this, but I guess I'm tryna say you reached a new area of the puberty era. Know what I mean? Like for example, I used to have so many guys I'd talk to and I wasn't really single but now I'm past that and settled down bc hormone changes. So maybe your hormones thought you should have a period where you just can't seem to do anything. But I've had the same stage as you, even as a girl (talking to boys, of course...)