Deadlines

sushichan*-*

Hey guys, I am really worried about myself on handing things on time. Yesterday I submitted my final Math IA 10 minutes late and I submitted my History IA draft 5 minutes late just now. I am really worried because I am scared that they would refuse to read it. Would they do so?

Edited by sushichan*-*

To be honest, I don't think the teachers in Sweden are very strict about the deadlines. And frankly that is nothing compared to how late I handed in my assignments. For example, I handed my math IA exactly 1 week after the deadline and my teacher (lazy as he was) refused to read my work. So basically i got no feedback at all. Worse, i handed in my EE 1 month after the deadline (I almost got kicked out of class by my IB coordinator :P). But that wasn't too bad, cuz I wasn't alone since lots of my friends were late as well :lol:. The same thing happened with my TOK essay. I handed in the first draft when other students handed in their final drafts :P However, my TOK teacher was super nice, so I got lots of feedback from her.

So don't worry! Unless you have a very bad relationship with your teacher, I don't think handing stuff late would be a problem. :)

• Like 2

Hey guys, I am really worried about myself on handing things on time. Yesterday I submitted my final Math IA 10 minutes late and I submitted my History IA draft 5 minutes late just now. I am really worried because I am scared that they would refuse to read it. Would they do so?

Like Vioh said, you should be fine. Apologize to the teacher, if anything, but 10 minutes is not that much! Just don't make it a habit ^_^

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't think the teachers in Sweden are very strict about the deadlines. And frankly that is nothing compared to how late I handed in my assignments. For example, I handed my math IA exactly 1 week after the deadline and my teacher (lazy as he was) refused to read my work. So basically i got no feedback at all. Worse, i handed in my EE 1 month after the deadline (I almost got kicked out of class by my IB coordinator :P). But that wasn't too bad, cuz I wasn't alone since lots of my friends were late as well :lol:. The same thing happened with my TOK essay. I handed in the first draft when other students handed in their final drafts :P However, my TOK teacher was super nice, so I got lots of feedback from her.

So don't worry! Unless you have a very bad relationship with your teacher, I don't think handing stuff late would be a problem. :)

hahaha that's so true though, i was just afraid that the IB required them to set a final internal deadline and weren't allow to read the assignment if it was late, but thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...