Extremely URGENT! Help! EE due tomorrow midnight!

omgee

So, my EE's due tomorrow 11:59 p.m. I know it's pretty late but I have to do it. And I haven't done any of it yet.

Luckily, I've got a semi-plan outline, which looks like a table of contents, but I just can't get started. Each time I think of starting, I fear that somewhere along I realize how crappy my essay is and might have to start from scratch.

My essay's going to be a comparison essay between Siddhartha and lord of the Flies. I'm going to be exploring the theme 'ambition' in the essay. Do you guys think this is a good idea? or is there any other theme that might be easier to explore? another book i have is Macbeth, which I'm not using for the above mentioned theme but if you guys suggest a better one i can start from scratch since i don't have anything done anyway :o

If you guys find that 'ambition' is an okay theme to explore in Siddhartha and Lord of the Flies, could you guys just me with where I could get sources for Siddhartha and ambition... or would Macbeth suit this theme more? by ambition in siddhartha, i meant like how he wants to find enlightenment and he goes to great extent to do so, giving up lots of thing, etc.

So what d'you guy say? 

do i stick with ambition in lord of the flies and siddhartha or switch either the theme or the book (macbeth is my other choice)? if i stick with, where could i find for siddhartha? if i change the theme, which should i use?

and don't be afraid to suggest some pretty big changes since i don't have anything anyway so i can always change it

My first tip would be to not panick. An average human can type between 50-80 words a minute, and that means that you can practically write your essay in about an hour or two (WORST CASE SCENARIO!) of focused attention (especially because its A1 you don't necessarry need many outside sources).

Second, focus on a literary aspect. Do the author use imagery, a motif or symbol to represent ambition? Considering you don't have much time, focusing on a literary topic would maximise your grade!

Third, maybe ask for an extension if possible?

Good luck.

Edited by sim97i
  • Like 2

Hi, thank you for answering on my post. I just hope you can read this before it's too late. 

Thank for worrying, I'm not really panicking though :)

What i really wanted to ask in my post was if siddhartha and lord of the flies were a good pair to explore ambition. if not, i could go for lord of the flies and macbeth (drop siddhartha). Or, find a totally different them to explore (not ambition). 

if you have read siddhartha, do you know how ambition could be explored in siddhartha?

Haha, actually I was writing my EE whole previous 4 days and am currently finishing it. I did a vast part of my EE in the period of 4 days, literally. Only two weeks ago I had nothing.

I also have a deadline to hand in the first draft of my essay tomorrow  today morning. It's 01:00AM where I live...

Good luck, mate! You can do it! Also, assuming you are a May 2015 candidate (are you?), you still have time until March next year to improve your EE so it's still not that bad.

So you say that you have a semi-plan outline? I say that more than half of the work is the planning itself! If you have a GOOD DETAILED plan about what point you want to make in each paragraph, including the technique you are discussing there, then thats half your work done already. 

Trust me that making a good plan will be very beneficial before you start. Why? because 

1) You will uncover any issues you might have, including length of essay or the contradictory nature of points, how to structure it etc etc in planning stage rather than half way through your writing and realizing you need to start again. 

2) You will then know EXACTLY what you want to write and it will be a matter of spending like someone above said, 1-2 hours writing it continuously.

Haven't you got a supervisor that you have sat down with and figured out your EE topic? I personally did mine in physics so can't say much about the topic itself, except that I think simply saying ambition may be too broad, and not focused enough. Its definitely a good start and the ideas will build as you write. 

I do hope that you have had consultation with a supervisor for your EE... that does help a lot.

Good Luck! You can do this!!