Advice on Subjects to drop to SL (next year)

Acterale

Hi, I'm new to the whole IB survival forum, and the IB as a whole too. I'm starting the IB next year, and I've chosen the following subjects

-HL English Language and Literature 

-HL Visual Arts

-HL Psychology

-HL Biology

-Spanish ab initio (SL)

-Maths Studies (SL)

You can obviously see my weak points through the subject choices, but I was wondering which of the 4 HLs' to drop within the first few weeks of school next year. I was never planning to do 4 HLs, and I know thats a death wish to do so... but I'm only starting with them because I wanted a 'safety-net' or the choice to drop the subject that I end up disliking or finding challenging. I'm not sure if this starting with 4 HLs' was the right thing to do. I'm really apprehensive about the whole situation. 

I was wondering, if any of you guys have any advice on which to drop according to difficulty and how well the subjects 'tie' into each other. I was told that HL Biology and HL Psychology go well together etc. but I eventually need to drop something. From my own opinion, English seems to be the most likely right now for me to drop. I need Visual Arts, perhaps not HL- but I still need it for University. 

If you were in my position, what would you do? 

Thank-you 

• 4 months later...

I have the same HLs as you, sans Visual Arts, and it's very manageable. A lot of work, of course, but it's a pretty good combination. Arts subjects are said to be very hard and extremely time consuming, so I too advise you to drop that one. Good luck!

Drop Visual Arts HL down to SL as you said the university you want to go to wouldn't mind it. Dropping English HL is pointless as.. 

There isn't much difference between English HL and SL.

So it wouldn't ease much pressure.