HELP

leanbean00

This is my first year in the MYP program and my grades are suffering. My semester 1 grades right now are

B- Inquiry Skills

C- Art

D- Spanish 1

B- English 1

B- US Gov and Politics

C- Biology

B- Geometry

. My weakest subjects are Bio 1 and Spanish, and I go to tutoring for spanish. 

I don't know how I can bring up my grades to all A's, or what some good studying tips are? Or if I just drop out of the program completely.

Thank you.

Simple

When it comes to learning languages it's all about the immersion factor. You need to be able to immerse yourself in this language, so for example watching Spanish related things, constant application in the Spanish language and so on. If you don't understand this, feel free to reply.

For Biology, it leads down to memorization and understanding. It's all about trial and error, find the best ways to study for yourself. Personally, I'm a auditory and visual leaner, so what I tend to do is write down definitions and different things related to the subject, while repeating it to myself to force the memory into my head. Find out what kind or leaner you are. Again, if you don't understand this, feel free to reply.

Simple

When it comes to learning languages it's all about the immersion factor. You need to be able to immerse yourself in this language, so for example watching Spanish related things, constant application in the Spanish language and so on. If you don't understand this, feel free to reply.

For Biology, it leads down to memorization and understanding. It's all about trial and error, find the best ways to study for yourself. Personally, I'm a auditory and visual leaner, so what I tend to do is write down definitions and different things related to the subject, while repeating it to myself to force the memory into my head. Find out what kind or leaner you are. Again, if you don't understand this, feel free to reply.

Thank you. I have a Spanish test tomorrow and I am feeling confident I will do well on it. How did you figure out what kind of a learner you are?

Mainly just through trial and error.

If you're an auditory learner, then you tend to be able to remember material by listening to lectures, discussing things with partners, or repeating the material to yourself. Sometimes you can record a song of the information, and it can help you learn it.

A kinesthetic learner is someone who can learn material by using their hands and other actions. Drawing pictures perhaps, or maybe just doing some practical activities for the subject.

Visual learners tend to go more on colour coding, organised notes, charts, and diagrams.

The best thing is to just try out different tactics, and see what works best for you. Also, remember that for different subjects, different methods are best for remembering things. For example, if you need to do listening practice, it is best to actually listen to it rather than look at the word, particularly for languages as they can be pronounced differently to their spelling. For Biology, you could do a mixture of the above, and see what works for you.

Edit: If you really want, you can also search up quizzes online, which can give you an idea. However, this depends on how aware you are of how you work, and it may vary from quiz to quiz.

Edited by Guest