Please help me with my tok presentation :(

asdghjkl

So my TOK presentation is coming up and I am doing the real life situation of:

A student whose family income barely passes the middle class line (therefore receives no fee waivers for standardized tests and college apps) are forced to pay the full price

My knowledge was going to be: How accurate are statistics in developing a definition of a middle class?

I'm not really sure where to start and what ways/areas of knowing to get into? Please help ):

Is the story of the student a real story? Like a proper real-life story? Cause I'm thinking this is more of an example than a real-life situation; they are supposed to be super real, if that makes sense :P, like an event, something you heard on the news etc

So I'm guessing you're looking at maths (statistics)? You could also link this to Economics, Social sciences. About WoK, hmmm.... reason maybe? I think you picked a pretty hard topic tbh, I didn't find a WoK that really matched your question...

Is the story of the student a real story? Like a proper real-life story? Cause I'm thinking this is more of an example than a real-life situation; they are supposed to be super real, if that makes sense :P, like an event, something you heard on the news etc

So I'm guessing you're looking at maths (statistics)? You could also link this to Economics, Social sciences. About WoK, hmmm.... reason maybe? I think you picked a pretty hard topic tbh, I didn't find a WoK that really matched your question...

the real life situation was just an event that i noticed among my school :- ( darn, to make it more of a tok presentation, should i change the real life situation?

I think yes, it should be more specific than that; maybe it works, but I would with sth more like a news story or sth to be safe. I find your topic a bit hard in general, when it comes to linking it to WoK and AoK. Do you already have an outline of what you'll talk about or was it just an idea?

Keep in mind, your real-life situation should probably be quite recent as well for you to be able to discuss real-life implications in your presentations.

For WoKs with your current real-life situation, I think reason might be the only one that fits. However, if you linked the maths in your question to ethics (okay, this is a really convoluted way of going about your question, apologies!), such as maybe looking at how it's unethical to decide a few numbers can determine your ability to go to university or not (I'm guessing plenty of people struggle to pay the full price and can't apply ... ) you could use more WoKs.

That being said, brainstorming other RL situations would be helpful as well. And try to avoid over-used ones like ones related to intelligence/SATs!