November 2014 Maths HL exam discussion

jessiebee

If my time zone conversions are correct, we're all good to start talking about paper 1... we'll have to wait a day or so to talk about paper 2 and 3 though.

Paper 1 was brilliant in my opinion! Section A was pretty straightforward, and Section B was clever - loved the last question on complex numbers, and the one on vectors. Overall it was a good paper!

Thoughts?

What? I hated paper one. I guess I cant just compare it now with the number 2 and 3 but overall I kind of found it ridiculous. All of my classmates found it rather difficult and if you compare it with past paper 1s you´ll notice a significant difference too...

That's not to say it wasn't hard - most of our class (including me) barely finished the thing... and yeah it was worse than the May papers, but a little more achievable than the specimen I think. At least it's over :)

Yeah, we found this a little bit hard, but overall it was acceptable. Section B was a little bit time consuming, but the first one was achievable! I feel this paper was better for me than paper 2 though, and let's not include paper 3 in which I felt a little bit lost  :teehee:

For me, Paper 1 was somewhat easy (am I being the weird guy....?? :hmmm: ), think I lost 4 marks for sure, about the interquartile range question.

Paper 2 went fine except the last question (Q14 I remember), I think I lost all the marks on that.

Paper 3...I think I lost all the marks on Q3 and about 10 from Q4 :dontgetit: . Not sure about Q1 and Q2, but I got so panicked at the word 'isocline' on Q3 that I forgot to do the Euler question (I knew how to do that) and get 4 marks.

Overall, the difficulty of the questions seemed slightly harder than 2013 and 2014 past papers. Especially paper 3.

For me, Paper 1 was somewhat easy (am I being the weird guy....?? :hmmm: ), think I lost 4 marks for sure, about the interquartile range question.

Paper 2 went fine except the last question (Q14 I remember), I think I lost all the marks on that.

Paper 3...I think I lost all the marks on Q3 and about 10 from Q4 :dontgetit: . Not sure about Q1 and Q2, but I got so panicked at the word 'isocline' on Q3 that I forgot to do the Euler question (I knew how to do that) and get 4 marks.

Overall, the difficulty of the questions seemed slightly harder than 2013 and 2014 past papers. Especially paper 3.

Wow! Seems like you went really well in paper 1 and decently on the others. Much better than me in all :P

Just wondering, what option did u do for paper 3?

We did Stats and Probs

Wow! Seems like you went really well in paper 1 and decently on the others. Much better than me in all :P

Just wondering, what option did u do for paper 3?

We did Stats and Probs

Ah...I forgot to mention that. Sorry. We did Calculus :)

All my class found papers 1 and 2 hard, but overall we agree paper 2 was harder. Paper 1 was generally okay except for the last question, and Paper 2 I thought would be easier since p1 was harder than average. But it wasn't. Paper 3 (Stats & Prob) was fine though, which I hope will compensate for the others.

Just hope the boundaries are low so that I get a 7 :/

Had the same panic with the 'isoclines' haha! but after all it was just about ploting the 4 lines, the euler one was easy!

• Like 1