Theibwatch

Hey all,

I have to come up with a design (experiment) for chemistry, related to galvanic cells/voiltaic cells. This is one of our last labs and Id really appreciate if someone could help me:/ considering I have done poorly in all my other labs :(. Could anyone suggest an Idea for a design; i have no idea what to do it would laos be nice if someone could look over my work once its done perhaps? the specific assignment is:

Design an experiment investigating a factor that affects voltaic cells (galvanic cells)...

Thanks already :D

Edited by Theibwatch

Considering it's your IA and a design lab is one where you are supposed to come up with an experiment yourself, I'd have to say we can't give you topics. One, that's against the rules. Two, it's enabling laziness.

Google something like "simple voltaic cell experiments" or better yet, read your book and see what sorts of things can affect a voltaic cell. Nothing needs to be groundbreaking or new, and you don't have to do something extremely complicated either.

We can look over your work once it's done, though.

• Like 1

Here's something that might be able to help you, although like Emmi said, we're not allowed to give you topics.

Consider everything you can change about your experiment (concentration of electrolytes, surface area of electrodes, length of salt bridge, etc.) and everything you could measure as a result (average voltage, change in mass of anode/cathode, etc.) and pick one from each category. The former is your independent variable and the latter is your dependent. And from there you should be able to work something out!

Good luck c: