General IB Tips?

sushichan*-*

Hey I am currently in my second year of IBDP and there are so many IAs right now and I just can't get my motivation to do anything well. So I hope that we can share some general studying tips and how to score well in the IB, just to get in the mood of studying (not sure if there is already a post like this).

Any tips are much appreciated!

I usually don't rely on my intrinsic motivation (cause I don't have it  :maha: ) and set up a timer so that I'm forced to study instead. I have also bought a calendar in the beginning of my senior year where I write down what I'm planing to do every day and what is left for me to do. Apart from that, I consider this subreddit pretty helpful, especially their accountability threads: http://www.reddit.com/r/getstudying . You might want to take a look.

Hope that helped and good luck with studying!

• Like 1

Well, I am new to IB, but I've found the best way for me to avoid procrastination is to pretend my deadlines are a week before. For example, if my IA is due on 13th, I assume it is due 6th and work accordingly. Hence, I actually have enough time to sleep well, exercise and play playstation before my ps crashed.

May not be the best for everyone, but works for me

• Like 2