Sign in to follow this  

Could you help me?... I have some questions...

Hello ib-survivors.

I have a sort of problem, I was doing my EE in Maths, but suddenly my school told me that my topic might be offensive for the IBO people; so, I had to change it. Now I'm thinking about doing it in Spanish A (literature), and I have the following questions.

Should I choose only books from the spanish literature or I can take others like Hamlet?

When is the official deadline to present the EE to the IBO? (I'm taking exams on May 2015)

Thanks a lot.

Brunsi.

Edited by Brunsi

Guest Sonia

I believe the official deadline is March 15th, but most if not all schools have their own (much) earlier internal deadlines.
As for the spanish question, I would assume they should be originally written in Spanish, but I am not sure at all. :)

Hello ib-survivors.

I have a sort of problem, I was doing my EE in Maths, but suddenly my school told me that my topic might be offensive for the IBO people; so, I had to change it. Now I'm thinking about doing it in Spanish A (literature), and I have the following questions.

Should I choose only books from the spanish literature or I can take others like Hamlet?

When is the official deadline to present the EE to the IBO? (I'm taking exams on May 2015)

Thanks a lot.

Brunsi.

Why was it offensive? :o

Well, one of the books have to be originally written in Spanish, but if you're comparing books, then one can be translated from another language. 

• Like 1

Hello ib-survivors.

Thanks a lot.

Brunsi.

Why was it offensive? :o

Well, one of the books have to be originally written in Spanish, but if you're comparing books, then one can be translated from another language. 

THANKS A LOT !!!!

I'd just like to say that most schools have a deadline for the EEs separate from the IBO. I know my school made us turn ours in yesterday, months before the March deadline mentioned above. You'll need to check with your IB coordinator to find out for sure when you should be done.

Check the Extended Essay Guide given by the IBO if you need more information.

Language A EEs have to be written in that language but for 'category 2'(look it up in the EE guide) I think you can also pick a book of a different language?