Hello everyone. I need your help, please help me. I want to write EE about Racism in English Football from English B. But I don't how to put RQ and from where to start working. I have only 15 days to give draft which contains at least 2500 words to my supervisor. Can you suggest me something ? I am really in bad situation right now. Thank you in advance.

hi rustam, what i know is they wont give only 15 days for roughdraft they could have given u months, you should have started working earlier. at this point of time this going to be very hard. anyways best of luck

sorry for not helping but critizing

Not really helpful...

So, I would suggest narrowing down your topic a bit. Racism in English football is very broad! Have you seen a movie or read a book where that theme is present? Then you could explore Racism in that particular movie/book. 'The Express' and 'Remember the Titans' seem to be movies that deal with racism (from googling only), although in an American setting... You could explore racism in one, or compare the two. Also, take a look at the EE Guide for language be to see what research questions are suitable! I haven't written an English B EE myself, so I don't dare to give you any more advice. :P

• Like 1

Sofia just wrote you some good advice and I'll just add a bit to that:

A good way to start thinking about an RQ is to write down on a piece of paper all the things that you find intriguing, interesting, worthy of attention, puzzling, annoying etc about racism in football but also in sports in general. What is it about sports and racism (as a combination) that draws your attention or that you find noteworthy? Does it emerge somehow differently to others forms of racism? Or what? Is it more insidious, significant when it is seen in sports?

Think lots in these terms and just allow your thoughts to splatter all over the page. You'll hit on something worth researching about sooner or later. 

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 1

Oh but 15 days is really plenty of time, no worries. ;) I finished mine in less than a week (actually, one Saturday and two 4-6 hour night sittings). It was indeed a draft and in English A, but it turned out quite well. But anyhow, the most important thing is to have a clear topic in mind, and then just write it down as fast as possible (ideally, in one or two sittings). Afterwards you can edit the structure, but first try to get as much of your ideas out. Good luck! :)